Image caption: Antibody that blocks inhibitory signals from the tumour to cells of the immune system resulting in enhanced anti-tumour immunity
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines, primarily for the treatment of diseases in three main therapy areas – Respiratory and Autoimmunity, Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases, and Oncology. The Company is also active in inflammation, infection and neuroscience through numerous collaborations.
Adverse Event Reporting
AstraZeneca is committed to protecting the safety of patients exposed to our drugs. Report ALL adverse events either by:
Telephone: +65 6812 4788 or +65 9839 8164
PatientSafety.SG@astrazeneca.com (for Patient Safety)
MedInfo.SG@astrazeneca.com (for Medical Information)
Please visit our Global Careers Site to search and apply for opportunities in Singapore.
Privacy at AstraZeneca
In Singapore, AstraZeneca is bound by the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA).
What personal data does AstraZeneca collect?
In the course of our business, AstraZeneca may collect personal data about you that is necessary for us to perform our functions. The personal data collected by AstraZeneca may vary depending on the type of interaction with you and may include:
- identifying and contact information such as name, address, employment details, email address and mobile phone number;
- information about attendance at events or programs organised or supported by AstraZeneca such as meetings, symposia, conferences, expert panels and other research, disease awareness or similar programs;
- educational and professional membership information;
- bank account details if required for payments; and
- details about complaints and adverse events.
AstraZeneca may collect personal data about:
- Healthcare professionals (including doctors, pharmacists, nurses) in the course of:
o Maintaining a record of inquiries, complaints and adverse event reports relating to AstraZeneca products;
o Interaction with sales representatives;
o Administering AstraZeneca programs such as meetings, symposia, conferences, expert panels, clinical trials and other research, disease awareness or similar programs;
o Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations, e.g. product recalls, product safety notifications.
How does AstraZeneca collect personal data?
AstraZeneca may collect your personal data directly from you in a number of ways including over the telephone, through a form or an online portal, or by email.
AstraZeneca may also collect your personal data from third parties such as organisations engaged by AstraZeneca to carry out functions on behalf of AstraZeneca including administrators of patient support/supply programs, event management organisations. If you are a healthcare professional, AstraZeneca may also collect your personal data from online directories which we subscribe to.
If you choose not to provide the personal data requested of you to AstraZeneca, we may be unable to provide you with the products and services you require or contact you to perform the functions and activities described below.
For what purposes does AstraZeneca collect, hold, use and disclose personal data?
In general, AstraZeneca collects, holds, uses and discloses personal data for the following purposes:
- as indicated to you at the time your personal data was collected;
- general sales and marketing, including to contact you to provide you with information about, and to discuss, AstraZeneca products;
- to invite you to attend educational events and conferences, including any associated logistics;
- to provide health products or services (including advice) that have been requested;
- to provide educational materials;
- to manage patient support programs and patient supply programs that are administered via third parties or AstraZeneca;
- to assist in providing you with medical information relevant to AstraZeneca products;
- to conduct market research;
- to identify investigators for, establish and conduct clinical trials (including clinical trials run by a related body corporate of AstraZeneca);
- to invite you to provide services to AstraZeneca including, for example, speaking engagement, participation on advisory boards/steering committees, or to provide general opinions on medical and/or patient related issues and the development of materials;
- to process, monitor and screen any fees payable, or expenses reimbursable, by AstraZeneca to you;
- adverse event reporting;
- to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or transparency requirements including those that apply to AstraZeneca's activities globally; and
- for other purposes required or authorised by or under law.
Our range of products and services and our functions and activities may change from time to time.
AstraZeneca may disclose personal data to:
- its affiliates;
- regulatory authorities and ethics committees as part of a clinical trial evaluation, monitoring or inspection process;
- persons or organisations to assist AstraZeneca in carrying out the above purposes such as travel agents, market researchers, professional conference organisers, clinical research organisations, patient support program administrators, IT support providers, mailhouses, event management organisations, and professional advisors;
- parties involved in a prospective or actual transfer of our assets or business.
Some of the persons or organisations to whom AstraZeneca may disclose your personal data may be located overseas. These include:
- our overseas related bodies corporate including in the US, European Union and Asia Pacific (a list of countries in which AstraZeneca has related bodies corporate can be found at http://www.laserjet4250.com/About-Us/Worldwide);
- our IT servers, databases and cloud based data centres located globally including in Sweden, the European Union (including the UK and Poland), the US, India, Singapore and Japan;
- some of our service providers including our finance processing provider in Malaysia and our IT service providers, international travel agents and event management organisations located globally including in the US, European Union and Asia Pacific; and
- regulatory authorities and ethics committees overseas such as the Food & Drug Administration in the US.
Generally, we require that organisations outside AstraZeneca who handle or obtain personal data as service providers to AstraZeneca acknowledge the confidentiality of this information, undertake to respect an individual’s right to privacy and comply with AstraZeneca’s global commitment to privacy. The collection and use of your personal data by these third parties may also be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
In most cases, if you do not provide information about yourself which AstraZeneca has requested, AstraZeneca may not be able to provide you with the relevant service or information required.
AstraZeneca may use your personal data to contact you (including by telephone call, text message or email) in relation to AstraZeneca products or services we think may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing information from AstraZeneca at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer whose contact details appear below.
Management and security of personal data
AstraZeneca stores your personal information in hard copy documents or as electronic data in our software IT systems (and those of our service providers). As mentioned above, our IT servers, databases and cloud based data centres are located globally.
Updating personal data that AstraZeneca holds about you
AstraZeneca endeavours to ensure that the personal data it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can, in most cases, correct the personal data AstraZeneca holds about you. Please contact the Privacy Officer if you believe that the information AstraZeneca holds about you requires changing or has become out-of-date.
Accessing personal data AstraZeneca holds about you
You can, in most cases, access the personal data AstraZeneca holds about you. All requests for access to your personal data should be directed to the Privacy Officer. AstraZeneca will deal with requests for access to personal data as quickly as possible. In certain circumstances AstraZeneca is entitled to deny access. If access is denied, reasons for the denial of access will be given in writing.
What if you have a complaint?
If you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal data has been collected or handled by AstraZeneca, please contact the Privacy Officer.
Your concern or complaint will be directed to the appropriate complaint manager who will consider and respond to your complaint.
It is our intention to use our best endeavours to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction. However, if you are unhappy with our response:
- You may contact the Personal Data Protection Commissioner who may investigate your complaint further. Further information about the application of the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 can be found at www.pdpc.gov.sg.
How to contact us
Telephone: +65 68124700
Postal address: Local Compliance and Privacy Officer
AstraZeneca Singapore Pte Ltd
10 Kallang Avenue
#12-10 Aperia Tower 2
AstraZeneca Singapore Pte Ltd
10 Kallang Avenue
#12-10 Aperia Tower 2
Telephone: +65 68124700
Fax: +65 63853050