Access to healthcare
Working towards a future where all people have access to sustainable healthcare solutions for life changing treatment and prevention
healthcare workers trained
people reached through our portfolio of access programmes (HHA, Healthy Lung & Phakamisa, cumulative)
people reached though our Patient Assistance Programmes
Health Innovation Hubs in emerging markets
of medicines donated by Patient Assistance Programmes
youth reached through our Young Health Programme
Our approach to Access to healthcare
Access to healthcare at AstraZeneca goes beyond our medicines. We provide healthcare solutions along a journey to improve health - from prevention and awareness, diagnosis, treatment, to post-treatment.
We are working towards a future where all people have access to sustainable healthcare solutions for life-changing treatment and prevention. We will do this by:
- Innovating - to deliver life-changing medicine
- Partnering - to improve access and affordability
- Transforming - for the future of healthcare
Health is key to a thriving society. Healthcare is our core business and at the heart of all we do. The mission of our company is to “push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.” How do we do this?
- We help to ensure that our medicines get to people who need them by investing in health systems around the world.
- We are making changes to address affordability to help ensure our medicines are accessible
- We seek to expand disease prevention and treatment whenever possible, through screenings, awareness programmes and training healthcare professionals.